The old saying "you are what you eat" has more truth to it than most people realize. The food we eat has a direct impact on our overall health and wellness. Whether you are looking to make changes in your diet to improve or maintain your overall heath, or you are struggling with a health issue such as diabetes or heart disease, consuming a diet rich in whole foods can make a tremendous difference on how your body functions.
The increase in the number of people with diabetes, obesity and heart disease is alarming. Diabetes in children has reached epidemic proportions. These are just a few of the diseases that have a direct correlation to what you eat!
Many dieticians and nutritionists approach these issues through a "diet" approach. My approach is to educate people on how a whole food diet can help you - not hinder you. Healthy eating should be a lifestyle, not a diet!! By eating the proper whole foods, you can improve your overall heath, maintain a healthy weight, maintain blood sugar levels, and feel fantastic!!
- What is the difference between a simple and complex carbohydrate?
- What are the best sources of protein - animal and vegetable?
- What are the good fats that our body needs?
- What vitamins and minerals do we need and what foods have them?
- What foods will help you, your family, your children with fatigue?
- What foods will help with brain performance?
- How do I get my kids to eat healthier?
Through a whole food approach, I can answer these questions and many more for you and help you transform your eating habits into a healthy way of living that will help you achieve your goals.
See the rates and services page to schedule a consult!